December Memories Album

November 24, 2015

I've always hated Christmas things starting way before Thanksgiving and although it does still annoy me that people are already putting their tree up, this is the first year I don't mind seeing Christmas things early. 
This is my first time doing a December album and I am so excited to start! I love seeing all of the holiday craft supplies in stores and online and even though it was only October, I was so excited to get my December Memories kit from Gossamer Blue!


I will admit, this being my first time doing a December album and being on a design team made me a bit nervous, especially when it came to decorating the cover of my album. Like most people, I have a December Daily/Memories Pinterest board with lots of inspiring albums and pages so I felt as though I wouldn't be able to make something "pin worthy". Although my album didn't turn out as I planned, I am insanely in love with it!

To begin, I knew I was going to paint the kraft album white but I wasn't really sure where to go from there. After messing with a few ideas, I finally figured out what I wanted to do. In the November Themed Life Pages Add-On, we got these white Pink Paislee letters which were a great size for the album and then looked for something that said "memories" on it and saw that the class stamp set (free when you order the DM kit) had that on there. I didn't have a good red ink so I decided to heat emboss it with red embossing powder. 


This is when I decided to create my "cover" on a piece of cardstock. If I tried to add embossing powder to the album itself, it would have ended up a mess, so I heat embossed the "memories" onto the paper and then used red numbers from the Heidi Swapp sticker book to create the 2015. 
Anyone who knows me know that I love  white space and this album obviously has plenty of it but it was a bit boring. I looked at the stamp set set again and saw a  snowflake image so I used white embossing powder to create a subtle pattern and finished it off with a strip of silver glitter cardstock.


Then, my cover was complete and I used my ATG gun to attach the paper to my album! I honestly couldn't be more pleased with how my album turned out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS