Hard Times & A Freebie

May 10, 2015

I've recently had a lot going on which is why I haven't posted in a while. A lot of the times when I am not feeling well, I find it difficult to write anything more than a status update or a post on instagram. I won't be able to post many PL spreads due to the pain I get while taking photos of the spreads.

Before getting into all of that, I just want to thank my amazing mom for helping me through all of this. I couldn't do any of it without her. I created this print for my mom and wanted to share it with all of you because I'm sure many other people can relate to this. If you aren't familiar with the lyrics, they are from the song Mother Like Mine by The Band Perry. I adore this song and knew it was perfect for my mom.

And if you love this print, you can get 20% off everything in my shop with the code LUVMYMOM

                                                                                                                                                                     
Recently, one of my medications caused metabolic acidosis which has definitely taken it's toll on me. My main symptom was shortness of breath and I couldn't get to the bathroom without trouble breathing. Thankfully, they have given me something to help that which also means I can continue on the medication since it really helps.

As well as that, I have gotten an upright MRI to check for Chiari and though I may not be a doctor, it looks like I do not have it, which is great news! I do have to go back for another scan though because they missed out a couple of positions, flexion and extension, which I was supposed to get done. This will check for instability in my neck which I would not be shocked if I have.


Yesterday, I had to go to the ER because I had a tear in my hickman. This is basically a plastic tube which starts from outside your chest and goes to directly above the heart. I need this because I get fluids three times a week for POTS, and with my veins being the way they are, they can't do it through an IV.
I have no idea how the tear happened, all I knew is that we had to go to the ER and get it fixed. A tear can allow bacteria into the line which could be very dangerous. I was worried that I would need surgery to get another line placed but thankfully they were able to repair it. We waited for about 5 and a half hours for them to get all of the supplies and for a person to come up, for what was a 10 minute procedure, but that is much better than surgery.

It has been a tough week so I am hoping next week will be easier. We did had training for Clara today which always makes my day so much better and on't let anyone tell you Petsmart training is bad, because our trainer is absolutely amazing and I can't imagine what Clara would be like without her!

I hope you all have a wonderful Mothers Day and rest of the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS