Week Ten

March 17, 2015

I cannot believe how fast this year is going! I think part of it si that I've actually been keeping busy instead of lying in bed all the time. That being said, I'm in bed a lot, but I'm still being productive by drawing, digitalizing art prints,  things like that. Week 10 was a pretty busy week though and it was a lot of fun.

The right side of this layout had all the journaling and a ton of white space which I didn't notice until I went to take pictures. Oops! I still love how it turned out. I love the colors in this month's Studio Calico kit, Odyssey. Yellow is definitely a color I've grown to love working with and I especially love it agains the light blues. I've also challenged myself not to use all my favorite cards first. I always do this and when I get to the last few cards, I never quite like how they look together. 





Earlier in the week, we went in the front yard and just played some ball with Clara. She could play that game for hours and not get tired of it! I also went out with Laura to Olive Garden and Target. I got an adorable little jar for my wood veneers, pictured above. 

I also bought a pack of letter stamps this month and I'm so glad I did! The letters are absolutely gorgeous. I ended up stamping them on but then had to fill them in with a pen because the ink I have is not good. I've decided to buy Color Theory ink with my next kit because I saw a video review and the quality is amazing. 

I also finally got the Project Life journaling pens! I didn't have any good journaling pens and I've heard such good things about the PL ones and I'm so glad I got them!


One of my favorite parts of this layout is the little collage I put together of some of Stephanie Bryan's mini albums. I've become completely obsessed with them and I can't wait to make one of my own.


I think one of my favorite parts of the Odyssey kit are the chipboard circles, especially this "get lost" one. I put it over a piece of vellum because vellum just makes everything better!


Above, you can see some other embellishments that I used. Most of my embellishments are tags but I am going to try and start using other things as well, like wood veneer, flairs, and chipboard shapes.

I really love this weeks spread and I can't wait to create more with the Odyssey kit! This kit will definitely push me out of my comfort zone. Most of the colors are not ones I would normally choose but it will be a lot of fun to see how the spread turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS