Life Lately

April 21, 2015

The past couple of weeks have been difficult. Since getting back from Baltimore, I've been extremely tired and the new medications are giving me some pretty bad side effects. 
I've also been seeing so many doctors since I got back. The day we flew home, I saw my nephrologist and my cortisol level was low, so tomorrow, I'm going to get a test to see if I have Addison's disease. Thankfully, it can be controlled with cortisol supplements and if needed, some steroids. 

My mom preparing my fluids for my infusion. 


I have also seen my (super cute) pain neurologist who put me back on a medication that I stopped a while ago. I was pretty bummed that I had to go back on it, but at the same time, I know I need it. 

Today, I saw a new rheumatologist, who was really great and I got a lot of blood taken. I think she is a great doctor to have on my team. My autoimmune disease is pretty much the least of my problems so there isn't much to do apart from keeping an eye on things. 


We still haven't heard about the MRIs or CT scans yet, but I'm hoping it won't be too long! It seems I get a new symptom every day!

If you actually read this, thank you. I'm sure you didn't understand much, but I just wanted to give an update and let everyone know what has been going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS